Friday, January 8, 2010

Here's some inspiring words for a pick me up

I don't know about all of you readers out there in internet land, but I had a very loooooong week. I needed a pick me up so I started checking out some uplifting quotes. Here are a few of my favorites hope they help you out too.


Life is a grindstone. Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up depends on us. 
-- Thomas L. Holdcroft

 Difficult times have helped me to understand better than before, how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way, and that so many things that one goes worrying about are of no importance whatsoever...-- Isak Dinesen

On life's journey faith is nourishment, virtuous deeds are a shelter, wisdom is the light by day and right mindfulness is the protection by night. If a man lives a pure life, nothing can destroy him. -- Buddha

The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers.-- M. Scott Peck


Fear grows in darkness; if you think there's a bogeyman around, turn on the light.-- Dorothy Thompson


Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow them.-- Louisa May Alcott


 The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination.-- Marion Zimmer Bradley

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. -- Mohandas K. Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment