Monday, May 21, 2012

Healthy Breakfast Challenge Day 2: Strawberry Banana Breakfast Wrap

Morning! I've had a very busy week and in continuing my daily breakfast challenge I've been making a lot of grab n go and make ahead breakfasts to help manage my time. The last few days I've been munching on organic blueberry yogurt with my homemade granola and previous to that I was a glutton on a weekend away. If my day goes well you'll see the gluttony posts later. In the meantime, here is a favorite quick breakfast for on the run that still gives me the energy I need to start my morning. 

take your favorite wrap or flat bread (I prefer whole grain ones, gluten free  and vegan ones are also available) and smear it with 2 tablesspoons of peanut or almond butter.  Then I like to sprinkle some granola  into the nut butter. Then I slice up a  few strawberries and place them as the next layer. I like to toss in a couple blueberries as well. Then I put half of a banana in the center. Roll up you wrap around the banana like you are making a burrito.  This breakfast is easily portable and I find the granola gives it a nice crunch.  Then simply enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment